Information Collection and Use
Resonate Acoustics is committed to complying with Commonwealth legislation governing privacy of personal information by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
Some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. Without these details we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities.
Resonate Acoustics collects personal information in the following situations:
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- When you establish or access an account or order our services.
- When you submit your e-mail address to our web site mailing list.
- When you place an order via our web-site, telephone, or fax, we will collect personal information from you. This information includes your full name, mailing address, contact telephone and fax numbers, and your email address. We will also collect payment details from you such as your credit card number when you order a website hosting package, or apply to register, renew, or transfer a domain name.
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
We may use personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected (eg. provision of our services, including administration of our services, notification to you about changes to our services, record-keeping following termination of our services to you and technical maintenance).
We may use your information to inform you of new services available we believe will interest you. If you do not wish to receive email notices or other communications from Resonate Acoustics regarding additional services, modify your account settings.
In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
- Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone's health or safety or the public's health or safety;
- Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
Our web site may contain links to third party web sites who may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of web sites that are linked to our web site. Resonate Acoustics encourages users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security and storage
Resonate Acoustics is aware of the importance of security of all information associated with our customers, clients and contractors. We have developed security measures to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by Resonate Acoustics.
Access to and correction of personal information
We are committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers, clients and web-site users. For the purposes of receiving timely renewal notices, consumer alerts, and other related correspondence, it is imperative that the contact details we hold for you are always current.
Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice to this effect from you. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you.
If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
From time to time and in line with customer expectations and legislative changes, our privacy policies and procedures will be reviewed and, if appropriate, updated.
Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the National Privacy Principles we recommend that you visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner's web-site at www.privacy.gov.au.
All material, trade marks or other intellectual property on this site are the property of Resonate Acoustics or their respective owners, and are subject to copyright. Unless explicitly authorised, reproduction is not permitted. Unauthorised modification, copying, hiring, lending, transmission and broadcasting is prohibited. Material from this site may not be sold or otherwise distributed for profit.